Dr Shapiro has had several patients try the HCG diet and complain of hair loss months later. This may well be because HCG increases testosterone levels and consequently contributes to hair loss. At the same time, there is no evidence it causes weight loss. The Federal Government has issued warning letters to seven companies producing the product.
The action of HCG is virtually identical to that of pituitary LH (Luteinizing Hormone). LH acts as a "thermostat" for testosterone control. As the testicles produce testosterone, levels in circulation rise. Once these levels reach a certain point, the pituitary will decrease secretion of LH and the signal to the testicles to produce testosterone is diminished. As testosterone production decreases, the pituitary will sense the drop and will resume secretion of LH.
Also see this article.
More General Questions
- Is the FUE a better method?
- A hair transplant doctors role
- Criticizing hair transplant doctors
- Do salesmen have a place in a doctor's office?
- Skin Disorders & Correct Diagnosis
- Considerations for Hair Transplants for African Americans
- Can I Get a Hair Transplant if I have Psoriasis?
- Hair Replacement Surgery Not Scary As You Might Think
- Four Myths about Hair Replacement Surgery
- Five Questions & Answers About Permanent Hair Replacement Surgery
- Permanent Hair Loss - Permanent Solution
- Finding a Qualified Doctor
- Strip Harvesting vs FUE
- Also see related FAQ
Free consultation available online.
Please email us your pictures & Dr Shapiro will review them & give you a price.