Woman's Hair Loss
Lab Evaluation in Women
For some women, hair loss is caused by treatable medical conditions which can be detected through testing. The decision of when to perform a lab evaluation in women experiencing hair loss must be made on an individual basis by your physician. In this section, we briefly describe some of the situations where your doctor may order lab tests and what the tests might be. It is important to stress that this is just an overview for your general information. When a physician orders laboratory tests, he/she bases it upon specific clinical information, and this can only be determined by the doctor who evaluates you.
Some of the tests that your doctor might order in these situations include the following:
- Total and Free Testosterone - the hormone that is mainly responsible for male secondary sex characteristics
- DHEA-Sulfate - a precursor to testosterone
- Prolactin - the hormone that enables the breast to secrete milk
- CBC (complete blood count) - for anemia
- Serum iron (and TIBC) - for anemia
- T3, T4, TSH - for thyroid disease
- ANA - for lupus
You can download a list of blood work for your general practioner.
For more information on lifestyle factors that accelerate hair loss such as plastic srgery,styling treatments, growth hormone, crash diets, work out products and whey protein isolate -- and what to do about it:
TAKE BACK CONTROL OF YOUR HAIR LOSS TODAY!
Fight Hair Loss and Win!
- Causes of woman's hair loss
- Determining the cause of women's hair loss
- Solutions for woman's hair loss
- Differences between female & male hair loss
- Severe woman's hair loss before & after photos - using the AFR™ program.
- More before & after woman's hair transplant
- Video: Woman's Hair Loss