Dr. Shapiro's Hair Institute • 1-561-414-4509

Hair Loss Specialist

A hair loss specialist is a doctor who specializes in hair transplant surgery or hair replacement procedures. Both MDs and plastic surgeons and dermatologists all can do hair transplants. But it is a good idea in any case to use a doctor who does mostly hair transplants. He/she'll have seen a much wider variety of types of hair, skin, and conditions that might affect the outcome of the hair surgery - and thus be able to do a better job. You can ask a doctor how many hair transplants they do a month - if just a couple, then be sure to talk to actual patients who have similar hair and skin type as your own to make sure that there was a satisfactory outcome.

Return to Glossary A-G, Glossary H-S, Glossary T-Zor glossary index

Also see our frequently asked questions